I discovered Neal’s Yard Remedies and immediately fell in love with the gorgeous smell of their products. I love their Women’s Balance essential oil, which unsurprisingly is their best selling product. I have it in an oil burner when I want to relax or while teaching at home – everybody who comes into the room comments on how lovely and relaxing it smells!
Their green and fair trade credentials are amazing – and that means a lot to me:
- Certified organic – and when you know that 60-70% of what you put on your skin is absorbed in your blood stream, that really matters.
- No parabens, synthetic colours and fragrances and GM derived ingredients.
- 1st health and beauty brand to be awarded 100/100 for ethics AND 1st in the UK to achieve Fair for Life certification.
- World’s 1st high street retailer to be certified CarbonNeutral after reducing their net carbon emissions to zero. They use 100% renewable electricity.
- Reduced packaging impact: glass is used in their packaging wherever suitable and the plastic used for the rest of the packaging is made from recycled material. The paper and card they use is from responsibly managed sources.
I also love their ethos which isn’t to slow down ageing but instead to look good and feel good naturally in a way that respects our beautiful planet.
This is a brand that really aligns with what I believe. You can feel good by being who you are – without artifice – and by looking after yourself. All of this while respecting and supporting our green home.
Follow my Facebook page for details of products and dates of pamper evenings and coffee mornings: @NYROAnneMichelePatart and if you’d like to order anything you can let me know or order directly from my website: