I remember a time in my life when I didn’t use to sleep very well at all.
I was particularly stressed and getting to sleep at night was a nightmare. I got to the point where I was fearing night time because I just knew I wouldn’t sleep. Obviously, that didn’t help!
I ended up going to the GP hoping for a quick and easy little pill that would just make it all better – but no. She suggested that I try yoga instead!
I was surprised. I knew that yoga was good to help you relax but between that and helping me going to sleep, I wasn’t quite convinced.
But I’m a good girl! And I tend to follow advise from people who usually know better than me!
So off I went to my first yoga class – and I slept like a baby that night!
So here I was, yoga can actually help you sleep better if you are finding it difficult.
So what can you do?
- Do some yoga in the evening: we all store stress in our body during the day (even if we are not really aware of it), and that stress will stop you from being relaxed enough to sleep. So doing some yoga in the evening will help you release the stress, and help you sleep.
- Stay away from blue light for at least 30 minutes before going to bed: the blue light produced by computer screens, phones and tablets stops the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone. So if you are looking at your phone just before going to sleep, you might be making your sleepless nights worse.
- Try Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra, also called yogic sleep, is a practice that relaxes your body and your mind. It helps you release tension at a very deep level and will leave you in the perfect relaxed state you need to sleep soundly.
2 ways I can help you:
- Join my FREE Yoga Nidra session on Wednesday 23rd November, 6.15-7.00pm on zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6981204358
- My NEW Stress Less, Sleep Better course is full of tips to sleep well, as well specific yoga, meditation and relaxations to help you sleep well and wake up feeling rested and refreshed. You can find more info HERE.